Whats beneficial about failure?

Some feel failure isn't beneficial at all. While in my opinion I find failure to be non-existent in a sense. I only feel that failure should be used if you give up. The word failure is basically just another way of saying you didn't succeed, this time. If you fail, but don't give up you are basically learning. However, if I were to fail a test, then its because I failed to put forth effort to study for it, and basically gave up.

Through failure we gain many things. It encourages us to look for solutions that we wouldn't have normally been looking for. It gives us experience, in a sense that we won't do such a thing again because we know the result. Failure encourages the strong and discourages the weak(if you can't deal with failure your aren't going to survive). It encourages improvement and planning, (ex next time I won't mix the two highly reactive compounds without proper safety equipment). Finally, failure reveals your weakness. You can take what you have learned and use it to better yourself as a person.
      Thomas Edison failed more than 1,000 times when trying to create the light bulb.
When asked about it, Edison allegedly said, "I have not failed 1,000 times. I have
successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb." Nobody is born perfect
and knowing all we learn through failures. Whether I'm playing an video game,making a
video for my media class,or for fun,I am constantly learning new things.

To sum it all up failure is beneficial why? It allows us to learn from our mistakes,
better ourselves, and show us 1,000 ways not to make a light bulb. Without failure there
can be no improvement.With out failure we will fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment